Sunday 4 November 2012

A Touch of Country Wall Hanging




This is a beautiful country quilt I designed for a wedding present. In the centre of the quilt I filled with a photo of their property printed onto fabric. When making this for yourself you could print your own photo onto fabric or add your own touch of design. Surrounding the photo (centre piece) with a simple applique inspired from their country property.

My friends really loved their wedding present and have hung it in their new home together. I am glad they like it as this was one of my first designs, a lady from a patchwork shop was at the wedding and suggested that I should make a pattern of it which has started me on this journey of creating and sharing my passion for patchwork.

The completed quilt measures 110cm x 104cm (44”x41”)
You can purchase this pattern from my website here.

All patterns are reversed and ready to trace. You can use an applique mat with this pattern. I have been using an applique mat for years, which I find makes getting the placement much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment